segunda-feira, 26 de abril de 2010

Richard Speight Jr.fala sobre Supernatural no Facebook


O actor que interpretou o trickster em Supernatural deixou uma mensagem que podem ler em baixo, na sua página de fãs do Facebook onde fala sobre o seu papel em Supernatural e sobre os fãs. Contém spoilers sobre a season 5.

Dearest Fans of SN

There you go.

Now, for those of you still here, hello. Sorry for the pre-episode radio silence, but I didn't want to slip up and ruin it for anyone. But now the cat is out of the bag, so I'm free to speak up. I can't tell you how amazing this "Supernatural" experience has been for me. As an actor, I've always worked in a vacuum. I do my work, watch it if I can, then move on to the next thing. Rarely am I privy to the reactions of the show's audience. And that's how it has been for me for years and years. So you can imagine my surprise when I began to realize that my brief appearances on "Supernatural" were getting such positive reactions from fans. When I was first invited to appear at a convention, I said no. It didn't make any sense to me that anyone would want to meet me based on only a few appearances on a show. When I finally did go to one (shout out to Chicago!), I was blown away. The enthusiasm you, the fans, display at those events is contagious and has made every convention I've gone to an absolute blast. After a while, I started this Facebook Fan Page, kind of as a lark, to see who - if anyone - would sign up. Now, barely a year later, I've got about 2,000 of you that I get to interact with and hear from regularly - and let me tell you, that is AMAZING! Thank you so much for being here. YOU are the ones who have kept me on the show this long. YOU are the ones who have gotten me invited to conventions. There's an old saying, "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" Well, actors face the same dilemma - If an actor performs, but no one watches or cares, then why do it? For the past four seasons of "Supernatural", you people have been my reason why. I am consistently astounded by the support and kind words I get from so many of you on this page. I genuinely appreciate every post, every compliment, every uploaded photo, every handmade work of art, every carefully edited video... I see them all. If I neglected to comment on something specifically, I sincerely apologize, but I can assure you that I look at and love everything that is posted on my page.

I know many of you were sorry to see my character get killed off. I was, too. When I got the script, I was crushed. Sure, it was another great episode in which I got some great stuff to do, but it also meant the end of my run, and that was a real disappointment. But really, it is hard to complain. I was only supposed to do one episode back in Season 2, yet it's now season 5 and I'm still here - or at least I was. That's pretty good. And what has made it even better is to have had all of you along for the ride with me. The reactions to Gabriel's death have been incredibly flattering. Someone on my page even posted a petition to save my character and bring him back to the show (www.petitionvoice.com/save-gabriel-peti
tion.html). It is that kind of response that has made this experience so special for me, because if you're sorry to see my character go, that means you were glad to have him around in the first place - and that is the highest compliment an actor can ever get.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - working on "Supernatural" has been one of the highlights of my professional career. I am truly indebted to each and every one of you who have embraced my character and enabled me to come back to the show repeatedly to play - without question - the most fun character I've ever had the good fortune to play.
This is the longest message of all time. Sorry about that. I just wanted to be sure I said my proper thanks and goodbyes. I will still be here on this page and will always be thrilled to hear from any and all of you. And of course I will keep you updated about my future projects.

Enjoy the rest of the SN season. And remember, just because I'm gone doesn't mean you should stop giving Misha underwear. We don't want him to forget about me, do we?

Thanks again for making my time on "Supernatural" one helluva sweet ride.

Toodles for now.

Sincerely,
Richard Speight, Jr.

2 comentários:

Lili disse...

WOW adorei ler a msg dele.Ele é um querido mesmo. O Richard está no topo dos meus actores fav em SPN , sem dúvida :)

Catarina disse...

ele é mesmo um actor do caraças, a sério... e é mt kerido rb