terça-feira, 23 de fevereiro de 2010

Entrevista com Mark Sheppard


O actor Mark Sheppard deu uma entrevista onde fala do seu papel em Supernatural. Leiam abaixo.

iF MAGAZINE: Recently, you’ve been playing a lot of very confident, in-charge characters – so Crowley on SUPERNATURAL may be a little concerned about where he’s living –

MARK SHEPPARD: In a castle watching Leni Riefenstahl movies, drinking blood, yes. Kind of fun.

iF: Do we know if Crowley’s coming back this season?

SHEPPARD: Yes, I’m back. I called [SUPERNATURAL creator] Eric [Kripke] and said, “Shall we leak this?” He said, “Absolutely.” I said, “What shall we come up with?” We came up with, “Crowley forms an unholy alliance.” It’s a great character, it’s a fabulous character. It’s written by Ben Edlund, one of my favorite writers of all time. I’ve worked with him in several capacities, worked with him on FIREFLY. I’ve always been a big fan of his work. I’m a huge fan of THE TICK [which Edlund created]. THE TICK is one of the greatest written, drawn and visualized masterpieces of modern times. "Spoon!" There is a thing to him that is fantastic. He has an incredibly dry sense of humor, very, very intelligent man, very witty, very dry and a truly lovely human being. The times that I’ve met him, I’ve always left smiling. And I pick up a script [for the SUPERNATURAL episode “Abandon All Hope”] and I’m looking at a script and it says I’m making out with a seventy-year-old man. Now, they couldn’t find a seventy-year-old man that would kiss me at the crossroads. It was hysterical. They couldn’t find a seventy-year-old man who’d kiss any man in Canada. I don’t think it was me personally. So they lowered it to sixty-five. We were lucky enough to find L. Harvey Gold, who’s wonderful, best known probably as a voice actor, plays a lot of judges on TV shows. I’ve seen him in tons of stuff. Really nice guy, but I think he was nervous as all hell.

iF: Is Crowley a gay demon or was he just trying to make Gold’s banker character uncomfortable?

SHEPPARD: What do you think? Because he kisses a guy, does that make him gay? Don’t you think that his idea is to make the banker – "piggy banker," I love that line, “you piggy banker” – to make him as uncomfortable as possible? To substitute himself for a blonde?

iF: Crowley is the first supernatural entity you’ve played. Do you play him any differently than you play humans?

SHEPPARD: Yeah. He’s not human. He’s a demon. Demons are far more interesting. I love the idea that there’s not an ounce of fear, not one iota of fear at all. There’s that great moment when I’m in my office and Sam [played by Jared Padalecki] pulls the gun. He puts it to my forehead, I’m sitting there with Jared, the gun’s to my forehead, he pulls the trigger and I’m, “You need some more ammunition for that.” There’s never an instance where Crowley doesn’t know what’s happening. There’s never an instance where Crowley isn’t literally two steps ahead. He’s superhuman. He’s beyond the concept of human. And they’re just mere mortals, as far as I’m concerned.

iF: But if Crowley runs into somebody like Lucifer …?

SHEPPARD: We’ll see how Crowley behaves with anybody else that he might run into. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that me and Mark [Pellegrino, who plays Lucifer] were in the show. If you’re going to have some good villains, you’re going to have some really good ones.

iF: Although Crowley is fairly fearless, Lucifer is sort of formidable.

SHEPPARD: Yeah. But I mean, you’re kind of stuck with the Devil, because the Devil either wins or he doesn’t. The Devil doesn’t partially win anything. You can cheat the Devil for awhile, very rarely. Demons have other agendas. Crowley’s agenda is he only wants to stop the Devil. There’s a reason he wants to stop the Devil, because he believes that the demons will be next. They’re only one step up from the humans. He hates humans, but he hates demons just as equally.

iF: We’re all wondering what they’re going to do about finding God on SUPERNATURAL.

SHEPPARD: It’ll be interesting. That would’ve been my role, I’m sure, if I’d waited long enough [laughs].

Entrevista tirada de ; Fonte/Source

Sem comentários: